“Brow Life Matters!”
WHAT IS MICROSHADING?
Microshading, also referred to as “Ombré Brows” is a semi-permanent eyebrow procedure performed by a licensed esthetician using a small needle to implant pigment into the epidermis (top layer of the skin). Microshading gives your brows a soft powdered effect, similar to the look of wearing a brow powder or filling your brows in with makeup. A medical grade topical numbing agent is used to minimize discomfort. Results last 3-5 years depending on skin type and lifestyle.
Immediately following the procedure brows appear anywhere from 20-40% darker in color and about 10-30% thicker than they will in their healed state. Total healing process takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks. More in depth details are provided in the pre-consultation form once service is booked.
We include a FREE touch up with all Microshading services however, the touch-up MUST be booked within 6-8 weeks after initial appointment. Touch-ups are not required but are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Your touch up appointment gives your brow artist the opportunity to make corrections and fix any loss of pigment during the healing process. It is also your chance to go bolder or make minor changes you’d like to further perfect your brows.
- Long lasting (3-5 years)
- Great for ALL SKIN TYPES (Even sensitive)
- SAVES TIME no longer needing to fill in brows
- SAVES MONEY on brow products
- Gives brows a fuller and cleaner look
- Helps correct brow symmetry and imperfections
**PLEASE NOTE: Following the Pre-Care and After Care instructions are ESSENTIAL in your healed results! These instructions are also provided to you on your Microshading consultation form when booking your appointment.
- Please get your natural brows waxed or cleaned up a week PRIOR to procedure.
- DO NOT workout 24 hours before procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- DO NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- NO brow waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion or chemical peels one week prior to procedure.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A 4 weeks prior to procedure.
- DO NOT use AHA skincare products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks following your procedure.
- NO botox around the brow area 2 weeks prior to procedure. ***PLEASE NOTE: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.***
- DO NOT touch brows or surrounding area for the first 7 DAYS.
- For 1 hour post procedure, blot your brows with a clean tissue to remove plasma (oozing). This helps to minimize scabbing.
- Within a few hours post procedure or the night of the procedure, wash your brows with a gentle, fragrance free, foam cleanser. (We recommend Cetaphil).
- HOW TO PROPERLY WASH BROWS:
- Wash hands
- Grab a TINY amount of cleanser and some water (OUTSIDE of the shower)
- Gently wash brows in the direction of hair growth in a LIGHT SWIPING MOTION (No circles or scrubbing).
- RINSE THOROUGHLY by cupping hands with water.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Apply TINY amount of balm (We recommend Auqaphor)
- HOW TO PROPERLY WASH BROWS:
- Wash your brows 2x a day (morning and night) for 10 days.
- Apply balm morning, noon and night for 10 days. ( Only ONE rice grain amount is necessary to cover both brows).
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
- Keep hair away from your face.
- NO direct sunlight, sun beds, tanning, sauna, steam rooms or anti aging creams on the brow area for at least 10 days.
- NO MAKEUP, NO LOTION or skincare products FOR 10 DAYS.
- Avoid physical effort, gym, and any other activity that may cause excessive sweating for at least 5 and up to 14 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- NO botox around the brow area for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- After 14 days, once healed, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading. (At least SPF 30, if not 50).
- NO eyebrow tinting for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- AVOID Retin-A close to brow area.
***PLEASE NOTE: Immediately following the procedure, the tattooed area will appear anywhere from 20-40% darker and bolder in color and 15% thicker. This can last up to 10 days after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. (This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures). The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort. During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to fall off on its own.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color as it seems to take on a new strength and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your touch up/adjustment can be done (which is INCLUDED in the initial cost).***Please contact your Microshading Specialist if you have any questions or issues with your brows.